If you have been shopping for bedding, then chances are you have come across different materials used for your linins. While most of them seem like a good choice for you, some are more superior to others. If you are looking for the perfect choice for your bed, then you must have come across the choice of buying a silk or satin pillowcase. Knowing what each of these pillowcases has to offer is what will help you settle on the best linen for your bedroom. To help you decide, here are the features of silk and satin beddings when compared to each other.
To help you choose what you should buy, let us look at the pros and cons of each fabric.
Pros of silk
Silk is made from a protein fiber harvested from silkworms. It is considered a very luxurious bed item. Here are its main pros.
- It regulates your temperature. If you have ever slept and felt stuffy in the middle of the night, chances are you need to change your bedsheets. Silk is known to help with temperature regulation.
- Absorbent. Silk is very absorbent, and as such, it keeps you cool at night, even when it is very hot outside.
- Hypoallergenic. If you are allergic to many types of fabric, you should try silk. It is hypoallergenic, and you run little risk of getting an allergic reaction.
Cons of silk
Just like every other fabric in the market, silk has its cons as well. Here are the main cons.
- Expensive. One of the biggest cons of silk is, it is costly. Many people consider it a luxury item instead of a necessity,
- It is delicate. Silk is very delicate, and you might need to hand wash it, which makes it difficult to maintain.
Pros of satin
Satin is a fabric made by combining silk, polyester, and nylon fibers. Here are the main pros of using this fabric.
- Affordable. When compared to silk, satin is very affordable. You get the quality of silk in it but at a way lower price. It is the main reason why so many people use it,
- Absorbent. It makes for great bed linen because it is very absorbent.
- It has silk features. Since it has silk fibers in it, it also has some of the features of silk.
Cons of satin
Here are the main reasons why most people would shy away from buying satin beddings.
- It can be slippery. While silk is soft, satin is mostly slippery. It can be uncomfortable sleeping in and even making the bed because the sheets cannot hold on to anything.
- Not good for allergies. Since it is made from different fibers, it is not very good for people with allergies.
Between silk and satin, which one is superior?
With the features highlighted above, it is clear that silk is superior when it comes to quality beddings. The only thing you need to remember is, it will cost you a lot more. On the other side, if you want something that is almost as good but costs less, you might want to consider using satin.
Your quality of sleep is determined by the beddings you choose. For this reason, take your time and choose the right kind of beddings. You will have a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.